As you can probably tell by now I’m obsessed with random celebrity facts. I like to know their ages, their birthplaces, the names of their children and the make and model of their cars. There’s something fun and voyeuristic about knowing everything about a person that knows nothing about you. Maybe it’s bad to fill your head with asinine information about celebrities but guess what? If we’re ever together and someone holds a gun to our heads says, “Tell me Elvis Presley’s original hair color or I’m going to shoot you in the face!” We will safely walk away with our faces in tact. I’ve scoured the Internet for the most random and weirdest celebrity facts that will guarantee you a win at any trivia night. Without any further ado here are the strangest celebrity facts:
- Did you know: Elvis Presley was a natural blonde? He began to dye his hair jet black during high school.
- Did you know: Dr. Seuss wrote Green Eggs and Ham to win a bet against his publisher? Seuss’s publisher said it was impossible for Seuss to write a book using only 50 words. He did it, and Green Eggs and Ham became one of the best selling children’s books of all time. The 50 words he used are: a, am, and, anywhere, are, be, boat, box, car, could, dark, do, eat, eggs, fox, goat, good, green, ham, here, house, I, if, in, let, like, may, me, mouse, not, on, or, rain, Sam, say, see, so, thank, that, the, them, there, they, train, tree, try, will, with, would, you.
- Did you know: Comedian Rob Riggle was a Marine? He served for 22 years earning the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He has been deployed in Liberia, Kosovo, and Afghanistan.
- Did you know: President Theodore Roosevelt read one book a day? Well, he read one book a day on average, even during his days in the office. That is a hell of a man right there.
- Did you know: Steve Buscemi was a firefighter? He was a former FDNY firefighter and showed up at Ground Zero on 9/12/2001 to help out. He worked 12-hour shifts for a full week declining interviews and photographs because he wasn’t there for the publicity he just wanted to help.
- Did you know: Bill Murray was a drug smuggler? He actor was arrested in 1970 at the Chicago O’Hare International Airport for trying to smuggle 10 pounds of marijuana through security.
- Did you know: Mark Wahlberg was once charged with attempted murder? In 1988, a 16-year-old Marky Mark was involved in a racially motivated attack with two Vietnamese men. He beat the two men with a stick so badly that one of them was permanently blinded.
- Did you know: Dr. Ruth is a trained sniper? The 4 four 7 sex therapist was trained in the Haganah, an underground Jewish military organization. She was a lethal sniper and was once blown 20 feet during a cannon ball attack.
- Did you know: Harrison Ford was cast as Han Solo by accident? Ford was fitting a door for Francis Ford Coppola when a studio executive asked him if he could help an actress run lines during an audition. He impressed the executive so much that he was cast in Star Wars and became a huge star.
- Did you know: Woody Harrelson’s dad was a hit man? His father, Charles Harrelson was convicted of assassinating federal judge John H. Wood and grain dealer Sam Degalia Jr. Woody and his father were estranged for most of his life. His father died in 2007.
Enjoy these random celebrity facts and remember them the next time you’re having a trivia night. I promise these little tidbits will come in handy. If anything, they could be used as really awful pick up lines. The more you know!